Wow! What an amazing weekend with all you beautiful people! We can’t stop smiling after seeing Barnstorm come together once again.
Though Barnstorm 22 presented some challenges with small behind-the-scene issues and last minute lineup changes, we did our best to stay positive and focused on your overall enjoyment. Despite the tiny hiccups, we had a solid turnout, the weather was great, and the music was excellent. It doesn’t get much better than that.
It certainly takes an army of folks to pull off Barnstorm and we are super-appreciative of all the hard work, blood, sweat and tears that went into this event. A big shout-out to:
- Kendrick Abell and Doug McMillan for all their help pre- and post Barnstorm with lighting, tear-down, and clean-up.
- Dave Sarazin for recording, future editing and mixing of the show.
- Dan Foss, the sound guy for the bands.
- Marc Grondin, photographer for the evening.
- David Lucas for selling merch and supplying clean towels for the band members.
- Elorious Cain for spinning awesome disco hits in the Chill Zone.
- Cindy Wells, Cheryl Wells and Cathy Clouter for doing nothing
- Roy Tubman for his help at the gate.
- Jeff Larocque and Anne Marie Brugger for doing a great job as MC’s for the evening.
- Derek and Jenn Bradshaw for their pre- and day-of Barnstorm help, manning the gate, overseeing and getting prizes for the raffles, cutting of fields and other things too numerous to mention.
- Dana Somayaji for her help with lighting.
- Trish Bolechowsky of RedLeaf Music, our Stage Manager, for her ongoing support and doing her best to keep us on track for the entire evening.
- Waterloo Brewing for their generous sponsorship of suds for the bands, and raffle prize swag.
- CKCU for the loan of equipment and great coverage of the Barnstorm bands.
- Dave’s Drum Shop for the loaner drum kit.
- Optimal Show Experience for their support and loan of equipment.
- Simply Baked Catering. for serving up dinner and Sunday morning breakfast.
- My wife Margaret MacDonald for dealing with website issues and maintaining the site, social media, responding to questions, picking up gear, her help the day of Barnstorm, and for putting up with me for the weeks leading up to Barnstorm.
If you haven’t already done so, check our Twitter (tic@barnstormmusic). Thanks to all who have shared their pics and videos!
Thank you again to everyone who was part of Barnstorm 22!